Bringing Heaven Down To Earth

blog for the book by Nathan Bierma • www.nbierma.com/heaven

NBierma.com > Heaven > Blog

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Judy Congdon response

I met Judy Congdon of Houghton College last summer in John Witvliet's summer seminar on teaching worship. I also appreciated reading her chapel reflection at Houghton on this summer seminar, and seeing her again at this past Symposium on Worship. So I was delighted and humbled to receive this note from her that said she had read my book, and glad that she agreed to have it posted here:

It was good to see you a few weeks ago at Symposium! While I was there, I took advantage of a few free minutes one afternoon to browse through the exhibits, and saw your book there. I had decided I wasn't going to buy stuff this year, but it drew my attention, mostly because I had met you last summer and was interested in what you might have to say. The title also grabbed me. Having grieved, during the past 2 months, the losses of 3 people who have been part of the fabric of my days ... heaven has been sort of on my mind.

I don't know what I expected to find when I opened the cover. Certainly I didn't expect the incredible life-affirming experience I've had in reading and processing the ideas you present. I felt such a witness of the Holy Spirit within my own spirit as I read. It's like a whole new room has been opened in my imagination, and my eyes have been opened to seeing bits (sometimes lots) of heaven every day. I'm so excited about it that I've ordered 5 more copies to give to friends and family, and may even get more than that before I'm through!

This note is a profound thank you for the beautiful, creative work you have done in writing the book! You have a remarkable gift for putting words together in compelling ways, and I am much, much richer for having read Bringing Heaven Down to Earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home