Bringing Heaven Down To Earth

blog for the book by Nathan Bierma • www.nbierma.com/heaven

NBierma.com > Heaven > Blog

Thursday, May 11, 2006

CAS book reception

Yesterday I was honored to be invited to a book reception hosted by the Calvin CAS department for Bob Fortner's new book Radio, Morality, And Culture: Britain, Canada, And the United States 1919-1945 and my book. I majored in CAS at Calvin, and as I said in my remarks at the reception, the CAS professors, course material, and way of framing questions about worldview, culture, and vocation, had a pervasive influence on my faith and on this book. I was also humbled by Quentin Schultze's gracious introduction yesterday, and delighted that I could thank him and Bill Romanowski in particular at this event for their influence on the ideas of this book. I've posted an MP3 of Quin's introduction and my remarks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home